News & Updates at Oh, the Books!
But wait! It’s not Sunday yet!
Yes, friends — we are bringing you our weekly recap a day early, and there’s an important reason! Our host will be doing some server maintenance this weekend, moving our site to a shiny new server. We don’t anticipate much — if any — down time, but we have been advised not to add any new content to the blog until Monday evening, just in case. This includes comments, so please try to get your comments in before 10pm CST on Saturday, or hold off until Tuesday! This will help ensure that no comments are lost during the transition.
We will resume our regular blogging schedule on Tuesday!
In Case You Missed It
Here’s all the stuff that we posted this week:
- Kelley reviewed Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld.
- Asti has difficulty with audiobooks, but loves podcasts.
- Kelley shared her reading stats for 2014 (with charts)!
- Asti reviewed a handful of novellas.
- Abria suggested five ways to avoid book amnesia.
Our Lives This Week
In Asti’s Life…
Hiya! This week has been an… interesting week. It’s been full of highs and lows, but I think that’s to be expected in my current situation. I’ve talked about most of it on my personal blog, so if you really want to know what’s going on in my life head over there and check out the posts I published this week:
- I talked about the sudden spring of sadness.
- I shared volume one of my feature The Bright Side.
- I acknowledged that misery loves company.
Wow, those post titles sound quite sad, don’t they? What can I say, my mind is all over the place! But overall, just so you don’t worry, I’d say this week has been a good one. I’ve had some great conversations with my mom, hung out with a few great friends, received a lot of support from you guys, and spent plenty of time with Dave. Life can’t be that bad when you’re surrounded by such amazing people! 😉