horror october fortnight is over!
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who participated in Horror October Fortnight! While I’m sad Leanne wasn’t able to join us for the event, I’m glad that I was able to be apart of the event. I had a blast reading everyone’s posts and tweeting them through our blog account over the past two weeks. Make sure you check out the complete schedule of Horror October posts and join my Monster Mash giveaway, if you haven’t already! – A
the winners of kelley’s giveaway ARE…
- Shayna won a hardcover of Dissonance
- Cassie won a signed hardcover of The Glass Sentence
- Andrea won a signed ARC of Shattered Souls
- Kaylie won a signed ARC of Pivot Point
- Lori won a signed ARC of Under the Never Sky
- Samantha won an ARC of Delirium
- Caroline won an ARC of Find Me
- Reanna won an ARC of Fated
- Emz won an ARC of Nobody
- Rosie won an ARC of The Flame in the Mist
Congratulations to you all! I can’t wait to mail out your goodies!
And Sci-Fi November has Arrived!
Don’t forget to check out everyone’s intro posts, and keep your eye on the schedule to see all of the amazing awesome sci-fi goodness people are going to be sharing all month long! Participants: if you have any questions, please double-check your email for our update messages, and be sure to follow on on twitter (@SciFiMonth) for news there too!
WE HAVE LIFT-OFF!!!
In Case You Missed It
Here’s all the stuff that we posted this week.
- Kelley got excited about stuff coming in November.
- Asti shared a new Bookish Find: Madame Memento’s Book Art Prints.
- Kelley reviewed Dreams, Delusions, Chimeras by Angela Pardue.
- Asti made a quiz: What is Your Fate with (Bookish) Monsters?
- Asti did a Horror October Fortnight recap (with a giveaway!)
- Kelley reflected on her reading progress for October.
- Day 2 of Bookish Games: Ready Player One edition began.
- Sci-Fi November officially began, and we shared our plans.
Asti also stopped by Notebook Sisters to predict YA trends in 2015 (along with a handful of other awesome bloggers).
Our Lives This Week
In Asti’s Life…
There’s nothing new and exciting for me to report here. I’ve been spending my week with the marketing team at Little, Brown, which has been an absolute blast, but also very draining! Between the three hours I spend traveling everyday and the time change and the fact that it gets dark so much earlier these days, I just feel like I have no energy to do anything except go to work and then come home and pass out. Of course, I can’t do that though because there’s so much going on on the blog – Horror October just finished (which I’ve pretty much had to do all by myself because Leanne is MIA) and Sci-Fi November has begun! There really is no rest for the wicked.
I have one more week of work placement to go, and then I think I’m done with free labor. While I enjoy completing my placements because they offer me a chance to develop skills and knowledge I’ll need in the publishing industry, and they allow me to network with some amazing people, I just feel like I’ve done enough. Now is the point where I just need to find a job. If I don’t, I’ll be leaving London in a couple of months to head back to the States, and who knows what will happen next.